Friday, September 12, 2008

Papa & Nanie

Why do things happen? I believe in the statement "Things happen for a reason" Well, what happens if soemthing horrible happened and you try looking for the "reason" behind it, but you couldn't find it? Things just kept getting worse!
When I was in the beginning of 6th grade my Papa was diagnosed with bone cancer, but in the 4th stage, therefore, they couldn't do anything for him. He suffered in severe pain for months. Then the dreaded day of November 27th,2001 came and he passed away 1 day after a month until his birthday. When my Papa passed away that was the first time anyone that close to me ever passed away. A year before my Papa died my Nanie had a massive stroke, the doctors didn't expect Her to make it through it. But of course, no surprise to me She made it through it. After my Papa died she continued to have seizures and mini-strokes, in 7th grade she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, there's no cure for it. As time went by we would go see my Nanie in the nursing home, an you could tell She wasn't getting better because she would talk about my Papa,who already passed away, that he came by this morning to visit. She also would alwyas confuse our names, too. My Nanie got very sick from Alzheimer's Disease she became more disoriented as time went on. On January 16th, 2005 my Nanie passed away from Alzheimier's Disease.

No comments: