Thursday, November 6, 2008

Self Assessment

We started this blog the first week of school. It's now the first week of November and we're ending it. Even though the blog was at times very annoying, I think it helped a little. I was able to vent and just do whatever on it! It was mine! We were able to write anything on it and to think & write "outside the box". We were forced to be "creative" & "different" and nearly all of us had a negative compliant about it. Now that the blogs are ending I realized much more now that it helped me get out some tention, stress, nerves, and uneasiness I had "inside" me. We could be whoever we wanted to on our blogs and no one could say we couldn't. As Mike said all we had to was be 'FREAKY & HIS FAVORITE WORD 'ADVANT-GARDE' ". I've tried many different styles of writing such as poems, proses, long poems, short poems & much more. In the beginning I felt a little "weird and uneasy" about writing "freaky & dark" because that wasn't who I was. I don't mind writing different, but I didn't know how to, or at least I thought I didn't. Once I'd start writing it was much easier to continue. I think I deserve an "A" on my blog. I have 70 blog posts, I went outside my "comfort zone" & "outside the box", I tried different styles of writing, I have countless pictures, and I did all required pictures & blog posts.

5 comments:

Queen B said...

I think your blogs are great, you definitely got into it & it shows. all of your blogs are very interesting & unique in their own way. I really enjoy reading your blogs.
My only suggestion is that you continue with the spooky stories, I think you have a great mind. Although I love the 'cutesy' things you write (as mike would say lol). Your very good at both topics :-) keep up the great writing works.

Prince Trase said...

Well, well, well. If it isn't Jill.

You've really made this blog your own. From the colors to the things that you write. Throughout the class, we've watched each other being challenged by the professors. And if there is anyone who took up those challeneges it was you.

Jillian, you went out of the way to stop the "cutesy-putesy" writing that Mike disliked. Instead of doing what you were doing, you wrote pieces that were dark, sad, and non-cutesy. I commened you for that.

Your photography, if I say so myself, really didn't match up to your writing progression. I think you focused more on the writing than you did the photography and that's perfectly fine. Your writing skills did improve!

All-in-all, Jill I think you did a wonderful job. I don't know if you are going to continue the blogging, but you definitely have a talent for putting your ideas out there.

ghj said...

Jill,
You definitely stepped it up for this part of the course. 63 blogs!!! You should be proud of yourself because I would never have had that much creativity. Also another huge thing I enjoyed was the photography, you were there for everything we did, and when I look at your blog, I see every experience. As for the prose and poetry, great job as well. I do have to admit, some of those "cutesy" things you write were pretty good too, and thats very hard for me to do. Great Job, and congrats to the end of blogging!!

Unspoken Truth said...

JILL BIG TIME BLOGGER WITH ALL OF YOUR BLOGS I LOVE ALL THE COLORS YOU USED IN YOUR TEXT its very bright, vibrant, and loud alot like yourself but i love it your not afraid to be who you are and that inspires me you tested the limits of your writing and your poetry in amazing .......your pictures were great your blogg i think really protrayed who you really are on the inside and out and not many people know how to do that.....you have a gift of writing and you shouldnt give upon it no matter what its a gift...i will have to be truthful i am kind of sad that blogging is coming to an end...but im going to try to keep up with it.....but you have come a very long way from the beginning and i hope to see big things from you great mind in the future....keep your mind funky

kait said...

jill!! i love your blog. everything about it is so you. youre a great writer and you should definitely keep it up. you're blog was one of my favorites to read so awesome job. i agree with travis on the photography thing, i know you can take great shots soo i wish you wouldve persued that more, but youre writing was always amazing so it makes up for it for me. great job!!!